64 Alexandrina Road, Mount BarkerContact for price
- Property type: Land/Development
- Zoning: Residential
- Land size: 6388 m2
- Listing type: For Sale
- Tenancy: Vacant Posession
RESIDENTIALLY ZONED DEVELOPMENT SITE
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST NOW BEING CONSIDERED
LAND AREA OF APPROX 6,388 SQM WITH SUBSTANTIAL SHEDDING
POSITIONED AMONGST OTHER RESIDENTIAL DEVELOPMENTS
The property comprises a significant site off Alexandrina Road, approximately 1.5kms south of central Mount Barker. It is situated with the Residential zone, but enjoys existing use rights for its long-established operation as a ‘Public Service Depot’. The site has been utilised by the Mount Barker District Council as a works / services depot partially since 1958, and in its entirety since 1970.
Key features include:
• A total site area of approximately 6,388 sq.m
• Two access points - the main entrance off Alexandrina Road, plus a secondary side access off Hawdon Place which forms part of the neighbouring Ascent residential development
• Main improvements include a selection of shedding structures - some open fronted, some enclosed and secure, mainly steel and timber framed with galvanised iron cladding, primarily for storage and workshop use with some office accommodation within. Building improvements to the property extend to a total approximate area of 1,460 sq.m
• 3 phase power supply to most of the sheds
• Amenities block including disabled access w/c, shower and staff room/kitchen
• A bitumen-sealed driveway and yard extending over most open areas of the site
Following removal of two underground fuel storage tanks in 2005, a remediation of the surrounding soil was successfully completed. Subsequent Phase 1 and 2 Environmental Site Assessments conducted in 2007 advised ‘there are no significant soil contamination issues identified at the site which would preclude development of the site for residential use’. Interested parties are advised to conduct their own due diligence.
Should the site be redeveloped in accordance with the Residential zoning, minimum allotment sizes are 600 sq.m
Some forms of ‘non-residential’ style development may be permitted in the Residential zone (STCC). Examples include school and child care facilities, places of worship and community centres.
It is expected that Vacant Possession will be available from October 2019.
An Information Memorandum is available by contacting either Venture Commercial or Harcourts Adelaide Hills. Due to the on-going use, inspection is strictly by appointment.